This client and their home is near and dear to our heart, as it was our very first SMI project. This young family made the transition from the city to the suburbs, a huge change for them, exciting but also nerve-racking!
A spacious five bedroom home, on a great block, with fabulous neighbors, were the big selling points, however, they didn’t love the kitchen or the first floor plan.
How we worked our magic:
- We removed the first floor guest bedroom that was tucked between the kitchen and garage, and created a spacious mudroom and breakfast nook with a custom banquette
- Painted the existing cabinets white
- Replaced the cabinet and interior door hardware
- Designed a new island
- Designed and built a homework desk that also doubles as a large pantry
- Replaced and installed new quartz countertops
- Installed a beautiful subtle damask Spanish porcelain backsplash
- Updated the lighting
- Removed the existing tile and carpet floors in the kitchen, and replaced it with matching hardwood that matches the rest of the home
- Added windows to take advantage of their neighbor-less backyard and the fact that their home backs up to a gorgeous park
Furniture, a family room rug, custom ottoman and art selections reflect our client’s bustling, casual entertaining lifestyle.