Mid-century modern meets rock and roll with a nod to the old west in this Palm Springs ranch restoration.
Our rock star client was seduced by the location and spectacular view in the Little Tuscany neighborhood. The charm, patina, and ruggedness of this two bedroom two bathroom vacation home drew our client to this special property, as well, and he wished to preserve its essence.
The main bath received a complete renovation, as the client wished to have every surface refreshed. A custom walnut vanity and mirror, black bath tub with black stone accent wall, along with the satin brass hardware and plumbing fixtures create a harmonious palette of materials that are simultaneously edgy, while also soothing and luxurious.
We restored the kitchen by refinishing the millwork in Benjamin Moore’s Hale Navy, and rejuvenating the tile countertops. We relocated the washer and dryer from the kitchen to the hallway adjacent to the bedrooms.
New to the kitchen:
- Work wall featuring custom millwork and a full height pantry
- Picket backsplash
- Concrete painted tile breakfast breakfast bar facade
- Plumbing fixtures
The saltillo tile floors were restored throughout the home, as was the guest bathroom vanities, countertops and bedroom built in cabinets.
New to the ranch:
- Painted ceiling and beams alabaster white
- Designed and installed wood panel wall in the living room
- Landscape, fire pit, and a guitar shaped swimming pool
- Exterior paint
- Architectural interior and exterior lighting
- Updated HVAC system
- Motorized solar shades
- Solar panels
- Sliding glass doors and windows
- A melange of vintage and new furniture, textiles, and art
Our client has loved escaping LA, resting and relaxing in his beautiful retreat!